Artists, Illustrators, Photographers, Painters, Metalsmiths, Jewelers, Potters, Sculptors and other visual artists! Come join us for the 6th Annual Downtown Tigard Art Walk!
Tigard’s art scene is growing and we invite you to contribute to the excitement! This three day event gives experienced and new artists a place to showcase your work in a wide variety of media. Read through the below, check out how to participate and use the registration link at the bottom of this page.
NEW for 2019 – Performance Arts! We are excited to include Music, Dance and Drama!
There are two ways you can participate: As a Featured Artist or as a seller in the Pop-Up Art Gallery.
- Are paired with a local business which will display up to three pieces of art for the two weeks prior to the Downtown Tigard Art Walk event.
- Will include art pieces in the juried contest – winners receive a cash prize.
- Will be hosted on Friday evening, May 31, from 3pm-7pm by their partnered business for the Meet the Artist reception. Light refreshments will be provided at each location.
- Will participate in the Artist in Action activity Saturday, June 1 from 10am-3pm. Create your art near your partner business and engage with the public as they stroll down Main Street. You are welcome to sell additional art pieces during this time (no commission charged).
- May also participate in the Pop-Up Art Gallery Sunday, June 3, 9am-1:30pm (commission of 15% will be charged to any art sold at the Pop-Up Art Gallery).
Pop-Up Gallery Artists
- Contribute art pieces to the Pop-up Art Gallery open on Sunday, June 2, 9am-1:30pm.
Meet the Artist Friday, May 31 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Artist in Action Saturday June 1 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Pop-up Art Gallery Sunday, June 2 9:00 AM – 1:30 PM
Tigard Downtown Main Street, Main Street Businesses and Farmers Market
Participating Artists – the Nitty Gritty
Pop Up Art Gallery Artists
- All participating artists must apply and be accepted. Space is limited and walk-ins will not be accommodated.
- Participation fee $15 (non-refundable) is payable with application.
- 15% commission will be charged to all art sold.
- Artists will arrive with saleable art June 2 between 7-8am and install in your assigned display space.
- Artists will collect unsold art at 2pm June 2 from the Pop-Up Art Gallery.
- All participating artists must apply and be accepted. Space is limited and walk ins will not be accommodated.
- You may enter up to three pieces to be entered to win a Juried Award
1st Place $250
2nd Place $150
3rd Place $100
Featured artists will also be eligible for the People’s Choice Award ($200) as voted by event attendees (one vote per attendee).
- Participation fee $30 (non-refundable) is payable with application.
- 15% commission will be charged to all art sold at the Pop-Up Art Gallery.
- Art sold at the partner business location, Meet the Artist, and Artist in Action are not charged commission (it’s all yours!).
- Artist will coordinate with their partner business for onsite art display for the two weeks prior to the event.
Meet the Artist – Friday May 31, 3-7pm
- Artists will be stationed in their partner business, meet the public and discuss their art.
- Artists will remain onsite arrive prior to 3pm and remain on site until 7pm.
- Light refreshments will be provided at each location.
Artist in Action – Saturday June 1, 10am-3pm
- Each Artist will be located near their partner business.
- Your 10’ x 10’ spot will be preassigned and marked by chalk on the ground.
- Artists will provide your own tent, materials and supplies as well as any additional display materials for their area.
- NOTE: We do not provide display supplies, materials or equipment. We provide the ground space.
- Limited utilities are available IF requested in the application and IF you receive confirmationfrom Art Walk.
- Artists should bring your owns items to process payments.
- Several ATMs are located on Main Street.
- Featured artists There is a $30 non-refundable fee to enter as a featured artist.
- Watch the forecast – we are a rain or shine event.
- There will be a photographer on site taking photos for event promotion.
- Please watch for updates on Facebook and at the website.
- You will receive additional details with your confirmation.
Downtown Tigard Art Walk is hosted by the Tigard Downtown Alliance. All proceeds from the Tigard Art Walk are directly reinvested in the event included artist prize monies, event expenses.
Click here to register as an artist